Unibet take a punt on Euros
Online gambling operator Unibet will be title sponsors of the EuroHockey Championships 2015 to be played at London's Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 21-30 August.
Unibet offers sports betting games, bingo and poker to over 9.7 million registered customers in more than 100 countries.
The event is expected to attract a 100 million-strong TV audience across Europe.
The championships feature 40 matches over ten days at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre. Germany are defending champions in both the men's and women's competition.
England Hockey has announced plans to increase the size of the stadium. These additional tickets will be released on 27 April for existing bookers, and on 1 May to the general public.
Chair of the organising committee, Andy Tapley, said: “We are delighted that Unibet has come on board as title sponsor of the forthcoming EuroHockey Championships. With its genuine passion and expertise across all sport, the partnership will help us create more interest in the event and continue to grow hockey in the run up to the Olympics.”
Latest hockey news
- Great Britain's men put five past Japan
- Surbiton crowned the Investec Women's Cup Winners
- Men's Vase and Trophy Final
- Men's Knockout Masters Round Up
- Reading earn biggest Men's Cup Final win in 15 years
- Great Britain's men earn fighting draw vs India
- Investec Internationals to include Argentina
- England Hockey named Governing Body of the Year
- KO Finals this weekend
- Ball Patrol - Men's Hockey World League