Peter Savage remembered
Peter Savage's life was celebrated by some 200 guests at the Kingswood Chapel, Worthing Crematorium, on Monday afternoon.
Those remembering Peter included Olympic Games gold medallists Helen and Kate Richardson-Walsh and England Hockey chief executive Sally Munday. Representatives of the Hockey Writers' Club and the Hockey Museum also attended.
The non-religious service and was hosted, at Peter's request, by his wife Stella's two sisters. It included a message that Peter had written before his death and in ended with the audience singing Morecambe and Wise's rendition of "Bring Me Sunshine."
Latest hockey news
- New Great Britain Hockey President appointed
- U18 Boys' Schools Championship
- U16 Boys' Schools Championship Round Up
- GB & England athletes attending England Hockey Awards 2017
- U14 Boys School Championships
- World Cup ticket sales show hockey's changing world
- Boys Schools finalists confirmed
- Comeback kings Surbiton take men's title
- Super Surbiton make it four in a row
- Investec Women's Hockey League Play-Offs