Netherlands women take Semi-final
I watched the women's semi-final between England and Netherlands on the BBC website. I must say it was well worth seeing: all the action, good close-ups, excellent replays of the important moments. Only bleat was that early in the second half the lighting went down until the floodlights were switched on. Commentary was by Michael Absolom with summaries by Mel Clewlow. Incisive and informative backing to the action from both of them. Well done BBC!
England's performance: sadly, unimpressive. We looked about half a yard behind the pace of the Dutch who had 63% of the possession. When we were in possession we so seldom had options available. The Dutch, by comparison had plenty. Circle penetrations were 31-8 in favour of the Dutch and shots on goal 9-2, again in favour of the Dutch.
So we now look forward to the 3rd/4th place match on Saturday against the winners of Spain and Germany. Hopefully we shall be able to watch again thanks to the BBC website. – Peter Luck
Latest hockey news
- New Great Britain Hockey President appointed
- U18 Boys' Schools Championship
- U16 Boys' Schools Championship Round Up
- GB & England athletes attending England Hockey Awards 2017
- U14 Boys School Championships
- World Cup ticket sales show hockey's changing world
- Boys Schools finalists confirmed
- Comeback kings Surbiton take men's title
- Super Surbiton make it four in a row
- Investec Women's Hockey League Play-Offs