England squad features German influence for EuroHockey Indoor Championship in Portugal
The squad played a warm-up tournament in Belgium with Lille, Belgium and Scotland, finishing third after two wins, a draw and a defeat .
England are seeking an immediate return to the European top flight after being relegated at the last edition in 2014.
Halliday said: “With the international outdoor calendar becoming increasingly busy, this winter’s indoor programme provides a great opportunity for the England development group to benefit from the experiences of international indoor hockey. The pressure and intensity of elite level indoor will help with outdoor development.
Richie Dawson-Smith is one of two Wimbledon players in the England squad
“I was pleased with the progress (in the Belgium tournament), particularly with two wins against Belgium and Scotland on the second day. The weekend has set us up well for the tough competition ahead.”
England squad: Albery (Beeston), Carson (Reading) capt, Creed, Farrant, Goodfield (all Harvestehuder), Dawson-Smith, Kinder (Wimbledon), Gall (Surbiton), Horler, Reynolds-Cotterill, Taylor (Loughborough Students), P Smith (East Grinstead).
Latest hockey news
- New Great Britain Hockey President appointed
- U18 Boys' Schools Championship
- U16 Boys' Schools Championship Round Up
- GB & England athletes attending England Hockey Awards 2017
- U14 Boys School Championships
- World Cup ticket sales show hockey's changing world
- Boys Schools finalists confirmed
- Comeback kings Surbiton take men's title
- Super Surbiton make it four in a row
- Investec Women's Hockey League Play-Offs